HealthStreet’s 5th Year at the University of Florida
A lot has happened in the last 5 years since our program started at the University of Florida. 26 counties and 8,100+ community members later, HealthStreet is a leading model of community-engaged research.
HealthStreet is proudly part of the UF Department of Epidemiology in the UF College of Medicine and UF College of Public Health and Health Profession, and funded by the UF Clinical and Translational Science Insitute. Our program accomplished many benchmarks that are bridging the gaps in health care and research, but this is only the beginning!
Here are a few of our achievements:
- Engaged the community in health care and research at the University of Florida
- Linked 4,100+ people to health research studies
- Assisted 150+ principal investigators by providing recruitment services from HealthStreet
- Completed Health Needs assessment with 8,000+ community members
- Provided approximately 15,000 referrals to medical and social services from HealthStreet to partnering organizations
- Provided approximately 21,000 services to community members from
- Hosted 11 Our Community, Our Health town halls to disseminate research findings with the community
To celebrate our 5th year, we performed pop up stops all around town on November 30, 2016. See where we visited the community by liking us on our Facebook HERE.
Help us to continue our efforts towards building community and continue our groundbreaking research. Donate HERE