UF HealthStreet to host a town hall meeting on medical marijuana with national experts from the Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Program and National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
On Wednesday, May 29th, UF HealthStreet is hosting an Our Community, Our Health (OCOH) national town hall focusing on medical marijuana and public health.
We invite you to join the discussion and get up-to-date information on medical marijuana from our panel, which includes a health scientist from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded scientists/investigators with expertise in marijuana.
The panel will answer questions from audience members who join us in person or via livestream.
Meet the Panel
- Shanna Babalonis, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, and Clinical Research KL2 Scholar, Department of Behavioral Science, Center on Drug and Alcohol Research, University of Kentucky
- Ruben Baler, Ph.D., NIH/NIDA Health Scientist Administrator, Office of Science Policy and Communications (OSPC);
- Robert Cook, MD, MPH, Professor of Epidemiology with a joint appointment in the Division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Florida; and
- Jay Kuchera, MD, FASAM Algiatry, Addiction Medicine, and Anesthesiology at Resolute Pain Solutions, Envision Physician Services.
Our moderator is Patrick James Tighe, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Florida.
RSVP now to attend in person or online. Please share this invitation with your friends.
- Time: Local reception begins at 5:30 p.m. EDT, town hall 6-7 p.m. EDT
- Location: HealthStreet, 2401 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- Livestream: http://bit.ly/OCOHMAY29
- RSVP: http://bit.ly/MedMarijuanaRSVP
Arrive early, light refreshments are available beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Medical Marijuana Resources:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): Marijuana as Medicine
- U.S. Food Drug Administration (FDA): FDA and Marijuana
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): Marijuana and Public Health
For more information, contact Tamara Lowrey at 352-294-4871 or at email@example.com.