On Tuesday, January 22nd, UF HealthStreet will be hosting an Our Community, Our Health (OCOH) national town hall focusing on healthy aging and how exercise and nutritional interventions can transform the aging process.
We invite you to join longevity scientists and community members as they discuss the effects of evidence-based lifestyle interventions, such as intermittent fasting and physical activity, on mobility, metabolic and cognitive functioning, emotional well-being, and overall longevity.
We will discuss questions like:
- Can a keto diet reverse metabolic syndrome?
- What is the minimum amount of exercise I need to see positive results?
- How can I increase my willpower and stick to my health resolutions after the New Year?
- Stephen Anton, Ph.D., division chief of clinical research in the UF College of Medicine’s department of aging and geriatric research
- Betty Flagg, administrator of community outreach and healthy aging at Elder Options
- Kieran Reid, Ph.D., M.P.H., Scientist II in the nutrition, exercise physiology, and sarcopenia lab at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University
The moderator will be Marco Pahor, M.D., director of the UF Institute on Aging and founding chair of the UF College of Medicine’s department of aging and geriatric research.
RSVP now and share with your friends.
- Time: Local reception begins at 5:30 p.m. EDT, town hall 6-7 p.m. EDT
- Location: HealthStreet, 2401 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- Livestream: bit.ly/OCOHJAN22
- RSVP: bit.ly/HealthyAgingRSVP
Help us share the OCOH RSVP link with your local community members and network through Facebook, Twitter and listserv announcements.
Interested in hosting a viewing party at your location?
- You can organize a viewing party and invite your local community members to participate in our town hall using the livestream link.
- They will be able to send in questions via the livestream app or by live-tweeting their questions on Twitter using the #OCOH hashtag.
- We encourage you to invite experts or researchers from your local CTSA to have an in-person reception from 5:30 to 6 p.m. EST before the national event.
Please contact us for help with marketing materials to promote your local viewing party. Contact Tamara Lowrey at email@example.com or (352) 294-4871 for resources.
For more information, visit MyHealthStreet.org