On Wednesday, May 29th, UF HealthStreet will be hosting an Our Community, Our Health (OCOH) national town hall focusing on medical marijuana and public health.
We invite you to join the discussion on “medical” marijuana with our panel of neuroscientists, epidemiologists, pain medicine physicians, and addiction medicine specialists.
We anticipate discussing the science related to the
- Health effects of marijuana and other cannabinoids,
- Use of marijuana in pain management,
- Use of marijuana in opioid use disorder treatment, and
- Addictive potential of medical marijuana.
RSVP now to attend in person or online. Please share this invitation with your friends.
- Time: Local reception begins at 5:30 p.m. EDT, town hall 6-7 p.m. EDT
- Location: HealthStreet, 2401 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- Livestream: http://bit.ly/OCOHMAY29
- RSVP: http://bit.ly/MedMarijuanaRSVP
Don’t forget to share the OCOH RSVP link with your local community members and network through Facebook, Twitter and listserv announcements.
Interested in hosting a viewing party at your location?
- You can organize a viewing party and invite your local community members to participate in our town hall using the livestream link.
- They will be able to send in questions via the livestream app or by live-tweeting their questions on Twitter using the #OCOH hashtag.
- We encourage you to invite experts or researchers from your local CTSA to have an in-person reception from 5:30 to 6 p.m. EST before the national event.
Please contact us for help with marketing materials to promote your local viewing party. Contact Tamara Lowrey at email@example.com or (352) 294-4871 for resources.
For more information, visit MyHealthStreet.org