A National Conversation about Health Research
Our Community, Our Health (OCOH) is a town hall meeting that facilitates a two-way conversation between the community and researchers.
It is a platform for:
- Sharing ideas about health-research priorities;
- Communicating research findings to the community; and
- Integrating ideas for research from multiple stakeholders across the country.
How it works:
- Each event has had both a physical audience and people from various locations tuning in via live-stream; since COVID-19, our events have all been virtual
- Sites hosting local virtual events begin with local updates before the Town Hall begins streaming to others;
- Sites join a brief, live-streamed town hall comprised of health researchers, health experts, and community members;
- Participants are invited to discuss studies and future research with the presenters, encouraging a mutual understanding of health research and its impact; and
- Polling and social media are used to facilitate questions and comments across sites.
Each OCOH event features researchers from different sites, and is live streamed and recorded. Recordings are archived on the HealthStreet website. All events are open to the public at no cost.
Become a Participating Site
If your CTSA site is interested in hosting an OCOH, University of Florida HealthStreet can help! The OCOH is an innovative way to engage the local and national community in the public health process while creating an opportunity to showcase your institution’s current research. To find out more about hosting an event, please contact us at 352-294-4880.