OCOH November 14, 2017 “Food Insecurity: A National Town Hall”
UF HealthStreet’s next Our Community, Our Health national town hall will take place on November 14, 2017 from 6-7pm. This town hall will focus on topics of food deserts and food insecurity. Featured panelists, including Dr. Bruce Waite (Fresh Wagon), David Dinkins (UF/IFAS), Dr. Catherine Campbell (Family Nutrition Program & Program for Research Efficient Communities), and Sylvia James (Gainesville Housing Authority) will be presenting research, discussing models that have been tested, talking about national issues of food insecurity, and answering questions about food deserts and food insecurity.
- Date: November 14, 2017
- Time: In-person reception with light food and beverages 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. EST | Discussion 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. EST
- Location: UF HealthStreet
2401 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32608
- RSVP online at: http://bit.ly/2gMHdXU
- At 6:00 p.m., open the live-stream link: Click here
- If you have questions, contact UF HealthStreet at (352) 294-4871 or email Tamara Lowrey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet Us! Tweet to @UFHealthStreet or use the hashtags #HealthStreet, #OCOH, #CTSA and #FoodInsecurity to ask your questions.
Our Community, Our Health (OCOH) is a town hall meeting to facilitate two-way communication between the community and researchers. It is a vehicle to share ideas about priorities for health research, a way to communicate research findings and a way to blend ideas for research from multiple stakeholders across the country.
OCOH is a HealthStreet initiative. HealthStreet is a community engagement program in the University of Florida Department of Epidemiology, located in both the UF College of Medicine and UF College of Public Health and Health Professions, and funded by the UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute.
To learn more, visit here