View The Live Stream Conversation Between Researchers And The Community, Feb 10!
Our Community, Our Health: Join A National Conversation About Colorectal Cancer Research
Topic: Everything you wanted to know about colorectal cancer research.
- Share, discuss and learn about colorectal cancer with a panel made of UF health providers, researchers and community members like you! A light dinner and reception will be provided at 5:30 pm.
- Register Your Free Ticket HERE
- February 10th, 2016
- In-person Event Time: 5:00- 7:30 pm EST
- Live Stream Event Time: 6-7 pm EST
- HealthStreet, 2401 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608.
- HealthStreet is excited to announce the 4th National Our Community, Our Health (OCOH) event on February 10, 2016.
- This time, UF HealthStreet is partnering with the UF College of Journalism’s STEM Translational Communication Research program to host an informative, interactive and engaging event. There will be no power points, presentations or a lecture; OCOH encourages discussion, sharing and learning between health providers, researchers and community members. Share your experiences and questions, Discuss colorectal research with an expert, Learn about the possible benefits of participating in a research study! The live panel discussion is made of health providers and community members like you!
- Here’s how it works: Each event has both a physical audience and people from various locations tuning in via live-stream. Sites hosting local events begin with a community reception and local updates. Then, all sites join brief, live-streamed presentations by researchers and other experts. Participants are invited to discuss the studies and future research with the presenters, encouraging a mutual understanding of health research and its impact. Polling and text messaging are used to facilitate questions and comments across sites.Each Our Community, Our Health event will feature researchers from a different site, and feedback from participants will be used to improve the forum as it continues to develop and expand. All events are open to the public, and refreshments will be provided. We hope to see you there!
Have questions? Tweet Us!
Tweet to @UFHealthStreet or use the hashtags #CTSA or #OCOH to ask your questions before and during the event!