With the weather getting cooler, there is not a more perfect time to be active and outside!
Our volunteer, Phoebe, compiled a list of free activities for you and your family this November.
- Newberry Fall Festival
November 5, 2016 9am-4pm
Downtown Newberry, along Seaboard Drive just off of Newberry Road / S.R. 26
Come join this festival for food and craft booths, activities for adults and kids, and much more! Admission is free!
- Haile Farmers Market Fall Festival
November 12th 8:30am – 2:00pm
Come for kids activities, music, farmers market vendors and a local Iron Chef competition! Admission is free.
- Gainesville Fall Festival at Bo Diddley Plaza
Saturday, November 12, 2016, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Bo Diddley Plaza, 111 E University Ave, Gainesville, Florida 32601
Come out for vendors, food trucks, dancers, and more! Admission is free.
- First UMC Harvest Hoedown
Sunday, November 13, 2016, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
400 Block of Ne 2nd St, Roper Park, Gainesville, FL 32601
Festival with bounce houses, live entertainment, food, face painting and more! Admission is free.
- Downtown Festival & Art Show
Saturday , November 5, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, November 6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
From ceramics to acrylics, this outdoor street festival covers a vast variety of the creative spectrum. Along with puppet shows and music, the festival also has an “Imagination Station” just for kids. Admission is free.
- Mill Creek Farm Retirement Home for Horses
Saturdays from 11:00am -3:00pm
20307 NW C.R. 235A, Alachua, FL 32615
Come feed retired government horses, rescued and handicapped houses for free, just bring a bag of carrots.
Before you throw out your pumpkin seeds, try roasting them for a delicious and nutritious snack.
- Preheat oven to 300 degress F.
- Clean off pulp and other chunks from seeds.
- Toss seeds in 1 teaspoons of olive oil for every 1 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- Toss seeds with seasoning such as salt, garlic powder, honey (optional).
- Spread seeds on baking sheet and bake until golden (approximately 45 mins)
Make sure to tag @UFHealthStreet in your photos on Facebook so we can see your active and healthy autumnal adventures!